Solved: Would someone mind checking this out for me? (ICONS)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BigDaveinNJ

I found this site with all of these desktop ICONS however I can't seem to be able to DOWNLOAD them. Would someone mind checking out this site for me and seeing if the icons listed there are AVAILABLE or not?

http://icone.goldenweb.it/index_file/l/en/d2/pc_collection2/c/glass/default.html

When I right click and choose DOWNLOAD it lists it as an HTML file and not an ICON or IMAGE file. Are these actual ICONS or am I missing something?

Thanks

DAVID

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Worked for me left clicking on the download icon and right clicking: Save Target As.
You are using Windows 98?
What happens when you left click the download icon?

What browser are you using?

BigDaveinNJ

Hi Beth :) OK.... I used a different browser and was able to do the Save Target As thing however after I sent it to my desktop it was a BMP file... and not an actual ICON file.

Any suggestions?

Thanks...

DAVID

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi Dave :)

Looking at the column headers, under which column are you clicking on?
I left clicked on the icon below the picture of a Disk and the download began automatically.

The first Disk labeled column downloads as an .ico file,
the second Disk labeled column downloads a bitmap
and third Disk labeled column downloads a 16x16 bitmap.

BigDaveinNJ

OK... thanks. that did the trick Beth. :) Now I have all these icons to look at and figure out how to spruce up my desktop.

Thanks again

DAVID

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online