Solved: WOW!!! Getting owned by a hijack with virus'

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

OhBoy! 🎂

It's my birthday!
Things are definitely better than they were, but everything is still running slow, especially the internet. I ran Cnets bandwidth test and got........get this........178.8kb/s. LOL. I have high speed cable which normally runs around 1500kb/s. There has to be something bottlenecking this.

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator

Let's try this.....

*Download Cleanup from Here
  • A window will open and choose SAVE, then DESKTOP as the destination.
  • On your Desktop, click on Cleanup40.exe icon.
  • Then, click RUN and place a checkmark beside "I Agree"
  • Then click NEXT followed by START and OK.
  • A window will appear with many choices, keep all the defaults as set when the Slide Bar to the left is set to Standard Quality.
  • Click OK
  • DO NOT RUN IT YET

Boot into Safe Mode.

* Run Cleanup:
  • Click on the "Cleanup" button and let it run.
  • Once its done, close the program.

Reboot.

Get EasyCleaner: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download414.html

After it's been installed, open it and click the "Registry" button. Run a scan and allow it to complete. Select and delete all invalid entries that appear. Click the "Unnecessary" button, then place a checkmark in the top 3 boxes. Run a scan and allow it to complete. Select and delete all entries. Reboot afterwards.

OhBoy! 🎂

It's my birthday!
For EasyCleaner when you say delete the invalid entries, is it supposed to mark invalids? All of the marks next to the entries were all green, so I am assuming there were none. Do mean read through and delete ones I don't recognize?

OhBoy! 🎂

It's my birthday!
Everything seems to be working great! If things change I will post again. THANK YOU!!!! DONATED!!!

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
You're welcome! :) Glad it helped.

Now turn off System Restore:

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Restart your computer, turn System Restore back on and create a restore point.

To create a restore point:

Single-click Start and point to All Programs.
Mouse over Accessories, then System Tools, and select System Restore.
In the System Restore wizard, select the box next the text labeled "Create a restore point" and click the Next button.
Type a description for your new restore point. Something like "After trojan/spyware cleanup". Click Create and you're done.

You can mark your thread "Solved" from the Thread Tools drop down menu.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online