1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Wow haha this is really wierd...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Majinalchemy, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Majinalchemy

Majinalchemy Thread Starter

I recently restarte my computer and when i turned it back on, it was stuck on the loading screen with no error message or anything (the one that says "dell" or whatever. and i decided to press F12 to go to setup for last good config. or something.. and when i pressed F12, it didnt go to setup, it made the loading bar move, so i pressed it repeatedly until it went through everything in startup then it worked, and showed my desktop. i was wondering that if i actually need to go to the setup in the startup, could i do it or would it just try to start up.

2. TravisXP

TravisXP Banned

You need to be patience next time. it takes awhile to load back on the welcome screen when you do system restore. When it on Welcome, its running sys restore and will tell you the details when its done and it will be fine.. just let it load next time lol.

Thanks!

TravisXP

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

If you want BIOS setup, you need to press the key well before the loading bar appears, and before Windows begins to start.

4. Majinalchemy

Majinalchemy Thread Starter

Ooo, sorry, that was just that I had another keyboard plugged in and my chair was sitting on it and it delayed the boot. Sorry!

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

Jumped the gun a bit, did we?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/589994

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice