Solved: WoW installation issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hergino

Hello,
i am having problems installing World of Warcraft, whenever i attempt to install it i get through disc one fine, but when i come to disc two i just get stuck the file "patch.MPQ"
I have tried installing it on my dvd drive but when i get to disc two i actually get an error saying that it cannot read Installer Tome 2.MPQ, i have tried downloading tome 2 but i still get the same error, can someone help me?

EDIT: i left the installation on for 9 hours and it just hadn't moved from "patch.MPQ"

I had a remotely relative problem installing WoW, what was happening is my running processes were whoring the CPU and killed the install speed (I eventually wound up having to format). Make sure the rest of your running processes are stable, and try a reboot and then install before opening up any non-startup proggies.

If worse comes to worse, Blizzard hosts the download files in a gigantic download.

hergino

well i just bought a new copy of world of warcrft today and it installed fine, i went to start the game and it said the interface files are corrupt and to reinstall the game, i did and it did the same again, what a waste of ten quid.

hergino

ok i've sent an e-mail to blizzard in hope of some actually trying to help me. oh and thanks Monso

hergino

ooo i fixed it yipee, if anyone has any problems like this, just delete all the WTF files and the Data>Interface files and it should work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online