1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Writing on DVD+R problem, DVD-R is ok.

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by sameerM, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sameerM

sameerM Thread Starter

Hello everyone. Just registered in this forum today and expecting to have a reply to my problem. I have Toshiba Qosmio E15-AV101, whose detailed specifications are mentioned here. For one year, I am being successfully writing to DVD+R disc without any sort of problem using Nero. However, I had a HDD crash recently and had to redo everything. Now the strange problem I have facing is that I can write to DVD-R, but cannot write to DVD+R or CD-R.

Using Nero as my burner, this is the error report I get while trying to burn my files to DVD+R :

Can anyone please spare some time for me to explain the reason behind this.

Thanks in advance.

2. emoxley

emoxley

In your device manager, right click on your burner, and click "Uninstall". After it uninstalls, reboot, and let Windows detect new hardware, and install a new driver for you.
    Good luck!

3. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

You are using what is basically a glorified BETA, almost looks like the early 'leaked' build.

4. sameerM

sameerM Thread Starter

Even the Sonic Record Now, which came along with the notebook, gives me the same error, unfortunately doesn't create a log file for verification.

5. sameerM

sameerM Thread Starter

Let me try this one and will let you know the result :)

6. sameerM

sameerM Thread Starter

Thanks for the solution :) It worked perfectly!!! Now, Im able to write on DVD +/- R and CD-R without any problem (y)

7. emoxley

emoxley

Great! I'm glad it worked for you.
    Please mark the thread "Solved"............... :)

8. sameerM

sameerM Thread Starter

Marked Solved :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489001

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice