Solved: wrong email spelling in auto complete email address

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mr. Newton

Terry
hi there,,when i go to enter my email address in firefox the pop up address is spelled wrong,,,how can i change it,without losing all my auto complete forms.
i am using windows xp home edition..
thanks..

Delete Firefox auto-complete entries

There is also an add on for firefox that allows you to manage autocomplete

Available features include:

* matching against bookmark addresses
* matching against page titles and bookmark names
* matching anywhere in the address, not just the beginning
* changing the sorting criterion to alphabetical by address or title, most frequently visited, most recently visited, or top-level pages first
* completing the best match inline
* temporarily or permanently disabling the suggestion popup
* excluding local pages and pages containing search results
* swapping the address and title columns on the suggestion popup
* highlighting the column where a match was found
* fine-tuning the popup appearance by hiding page titles, changing the number of visible suggestions, and setting the truncation method for long addresses and page titles
Autocomplete Manager 2.3

bearone2

Banned
autocomplete remembers what you enter, type what you want and you'll probably be given a choice.

i use outlook/outlook express and when i acces web mail thru various computers when not at home, i click in the email address box and both addresses come up and i select the one i want.

Mr. Newton

Terry
thanks techychick,,a simple solution i thought was out there..will give that solution a try the next time i fill in an address ..shift/delete with cursor on what i want to delete...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.