Solved: Wrong partition setup message

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

golddust

Created a dual boot of Win 8.1 and Win10 on my laptop with no problem (it was originally using Win 7 and was upgraded so didn't have that new file system). Now trying to dual boot my desktop with it as well and getting message that the partitions are not in the recommended order. With the exception of the partition I created to put Win 10 into, all the others were created by Windows 8 and then the 8.1 upgrade. So, do I ignore the message or what???

Attachments

golddust

I was tempted to but thought I'd get some feedback first. Didn't make sense that a MS OS would have a problem with the way another MS OS was installed when it was apparently doing what it was supposed to do without any setting changes by the installer.

TerryNet

Terry
Probably not the first problem or irritation you'll find with Windows MEVista810.

On multiple partition systems, e.g. C:\Win81, D:\Programs, E:\Documents, etc. installation of Win10 will scramble the partition letters after C:\Win10. At least it does on my machines. Since my installation links remain oriented to the original Win81 it is necessary for me to re-establish the original order in Win10. Not a complaint, just a thought for those with setups similar to mine for future consideration. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online