1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Wrong partition setup message

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by golddust, Feb 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. golddust

golddust Thread Starter

Created a dual boot of Win 8.1 and Win10 on my laptop with no problem (it was originally using Win 7 and was upgraded so didn't have that new file system). Now trying to dual boot my desktop with it as well and getting message that the partitions are not in the recommended order. With the exception of the partition I created to put Win 10 into, all the others were created by Windows 8 and then the 8.1 upgrade. So, do I ignore the message or what???

Attached Files:

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Guess that's up to you. I ignored the message when I got it in the same situation.

3. golddust

golddust Thread Starter

I was tempted to but thought I'd get some feedback first. Didn't make sense that a MS OS would have a problem with the way another MS OS was installed when it was apparently doing what it was supposed to do without any setting changes by the installer.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Probably not the first problem or irritation you'll find with Windows MEVista810.

5. golddust

golddust Thread Starter

I took the leap and installed it. Working great so far.

6. tof1339

tof1339

On multiple partition systems, e.g. C:\Win81, D:\Programs, E:\Documents, etc. installation of Win10 will scramble the partition letters after C:\Win10. At least it does on my machines. Since my installation links remain oriented to the original Win81 it is necessary for me to re-establish the original order in Win10. Not a complaint, just a thought for those with setups similar to mine for future consideration. :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143714

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice