Solved: WTH is wrong w/ WiFi?!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

courtlandhui

i just bought this laptop today, wifi works! Hours later (more like a few minutes ago) wifi went down on me! I tried restarting, restarting the wifi using the wifi button. No luck! But just as i'm typing it just turned on! (what luck!) WTH IS WRONG?!?! i'll smack wifi in the face, dumb technology.

It sounds like you have a poor signal strength situation and are intermitantly losing the signal...my best guess with what you've offered so far.

What does your signal strngth look like? Is it bouncing up and down?

Are you close to the source antenna, and are there solid walls involved?

Built in wifi can be fairly directional as far as the antenna is concerned.

courtlandhui

nah, no problems now. but there was a problem. and it just didn't show up on refreshing the connections. problem solved after i finished typing the first post! :-D

damn. i can't edit the first post's title to "[Solved!]."

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online