1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: X230 vs. X240

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CDBongo, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CDBongo

CDBongo Thread Starter

I am looking for a speaker system under $50, and was looking at two different sets. The logitech X230 and X240. I noticed that the X230 has a more powerful subwoofer and satellite rating. The X240 is more expensive, but IS that because of better sound or just the ipod dock? I have an ipod so that would be helpful, but I definately don't want to sacrifice any sound quality.

Thanks

2. CDBongo

CDBongo Thread Starter

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Looking at the Logitech site, the X-230 is a 64 watt system for $79.99 Canadian, and the X-240 is a 50 watt system with iPod cradle for $69.95 Canadian. I guess the price depends where you shop. If you don't need the iPod connectivity(seems like a silly feature anyway) then get the system with the higher wattage as it should sound better.

4. CDBongo

CDBongo Thread Starter

Okay, I see that the X230 is more expensive retail, so I guess it theoretically is the better speaker. I'll get that thanks.

5. j0j081

j0j081

sorry to bring up an old thread but I was just doing some research myself and seems to me the x-240 is actually better because they include high-excursion drivers versus two regular ones. also, the bass on the x-230 was said in many reviews to be a bit boomy so they prob intentionally reduced the power but improved the distortion.

6. CDBongo

CDBongo Thread Starter

Alright, well I've had my X-230's for a while and they still are working great.

Also: there's no way in the world that the speakers are 64 watts. I'd say 30 max. I usually keep my sub on minimum power (which still is boomy) so that takes away a little bit of the volume, but even with the sub and everything cranked there's no possible way thats 64 watts. (not that I really want it that loud anyway...)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/582522

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice