1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Xbox 360 media sharing help

Discussion in 'Networking' started by KYKINASS, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KYKINASS

KYKINASS Thread Starter

Hi there, it might be a bit of a long shot but i am real stuck on this and dont know what else to do, neither xbox or my internet provider can help me.
    I used to use my xbox 360 for the playback of video's streamed from the pc,
    but now every time i try i get connection failed .
    It used to work fine up until i had to fit a new ethernet adapter,
    so there's my problem. I dont know what it changes but fitting the new card has definately done something. In windows media centre the xbox shows up there in the devices connected, but my xbox will not seem to find it al all. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. mucker2010

mucker2010

Probably because the MAC and IP address has changed. it will be easier just to recreate the connections again. delete the xbox from windows media and delete the PC connection from your xbox. rescan again and pick up the new connection. I have done that before and it works.

3. KYKINASS

KYKINASS Thread Starter

Thanks for the rapid response.
    I have tried as you asked but all i get on the xbox is "pc not listed"
    on the other hand, windows media did find the xbox again, but this is no different from before, having no trouble finding the xbox on pc, but xbox just cant seem to the new eth card. ?????? Very strange, ey

4. mucker2010

mucker2010

try starting them up in a differnt orders. Again i cant remember exactly but i noticed one had to be on before the other. i used to have to restart them abotu 3 times before it work work.

5. KYKINASS

KYKINASS Thread Starter

well treid that aswell now.
    i'm starting to wonder if i have set up the card properly, dont even know if it was on the same network or not.
    its just that the 1st step to fixing it that the xbox says is " make sure the pc and the xbox are connected to the same network"

6. mucker2010

mucker2010

they must be because the pc detected the xbox. try temp disabling the windows firewall. if that works then you need to allow windows media through it.

7. KYKINASS

KYKINASS Thread Starter

well thanks for the help, nut i have done it now. and it was nothing to do with any of that.
    i just kept thinking that for some reason its not detecting the new card, so i dicided to have a look at the network. and BINGO. i setup a new network using network setup wizard, which is in the control panel. if anybody needs any other help regarding this please dont hesitate to email me and if i can help i will.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1015586

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice