1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: XBOX 360 MTU problems

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Kailight, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kailight

Kailight Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

This may not be the place to post this but im at a loss and you guys have always helped me and my friends in the past.

I have my xbox 360 and it has suddenly stopped connecting to xbox live and I have no idea why. It just keeps saying MTU failed.

Now I havent changed anything on my network, i have my 2 pcs, my ps3 and my 360 all hooked up and nothing has changed but suddenly I can no longer connect.

I have a belkin N1 router. Can anyone please either let me know how i can change my MTU setting or if they know of any other reason for this problem.

Regards.
    Andy

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

What's the exact make/model of the router and the modem? Is this a wired or wireless connection? I really doubt this is an MTU size issue out of the blue.

3. pawprint022

pawprint022

Microsoft Message 9/24/2008: Xbox LIVE and Xbox.com will be offline Monday, 9/29/2008 from 12:01 AM PST up to 24 hours. This service maintenance will allow us to bring some exciting new features to you this holiday through the New Xbox Experience

4. Kailight

Kailight Thread Starter

Ok its a Belkin N1 Vision router and i have 20mb virgin cable broadband, i used the provided modem but i dont know what make etc it is, just says virgin media on it and i connect wired.

Ive tried connecting the 360 directly through the modem and it has the same problem so i dont think its the router.

Lol and yea its probably that live is down. I havent been on live for ages so didnt know if it was somethin changed at my end etc.

Gonna keep tryin today and tomorrow to see if it is still not working and then that should cover the maintenance time for live.

Just tried now and its still down with the MTU problem but it may just be down as i am uk and not sure when the maintenance is due to finish my time.

I'll let you know if anything changes however any other ideas would be great.

Regards
    Andy

5. Kailight

Kailight Thread Starter

problem solved, thats paw, it was a case of live bein down.

Thanks anyway for all your help.

Andy

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!