1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: xbox 360 network bridge..?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by glaze, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glaze

glaze Thread Starter

I am trying to connect my 360 to the internet through network connection sharing. (shown here http://bimmergeek.blogspot.com/2006/05/configuring-network-bridge-for-xbox.html). I have done this before with no problems with my first router. Now I had problems with my last router, so I bought a new one. There is no problem with the router for the internet. I bridge the connections successfully, and my computer can connect to the internet. However, my 360 does not connect or share the internet to my 360 (connection said wired, but cant find an IP). I have tried with a different 360 and a different laptop on my network, and the same problem existed. I think there is some set up in my router that may be not allowing my laptops to bridge connections to the 360? I don't know a lot about my router's set up (DHCP, PPoE and all those other acronyms) so laymans terms would be appreciated. My router is a Belkin G-plus router. THANK YOU in advance!!

2. glaze

glaze Thread Starter

nevermind, i fixed it by putting in the information manually ...

i think it had something to do with gateway being 192.168.2.1 ....with the 2 instead of a 1? my ip i put in was 192.168.2.4 for the 360 and .3 for my laptop? i dunno regardless its working

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!