Solved: XBOX Audio Converters?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ClickHappy

I'm getting an xbox 360 slim. Going to connect it to my satellite speaker system + monitor.

All ports on the monitor are female: DVI, 3.5mm stereo (the monitor has built in speakers that i don't use)

Speaker system has the following female:
red and white rca "auxillary"
and male: 3.5mm stereo plug

and xbox ports (all female): USB, Audio/Video (AV), HDMI, and optical audi out.

i want to connect the monitor as well as the separate speakers to the xbox.

i have a fully male DVI to HDMI cable that i connect to my laptop's HDMI port.

I heard that you can't connect the A/V and the HDMI cables both to the xbox at the same time, either because it won't work, or it doesn't fit.. don't know which.

Which cables do I need? Could you give me some links?
I don't know if this means anything but the quality is good coming from my laptop outputting to my speakers via a 3.5mm.

XBOX Ports.

ClickHappy

I saw that RCA-AV cable you posted, but how do i connect the RCA part to my speaker system? The speaker system has female holes where you put male rca plugs in... yet said adapter also has female holes where you plug male rca plugs in...
im confused
here's the back of my subwoofer. the right satellite speaker that connects to this has a 3.5mm plug that i plug into my pc, ipod, etc

ClickHappy

Thanks! just to make sure before I order everything, i'll show you my set up will be.

xbox connected to an 1080p monitor using a hdmi plugged into the xbox to a dvi plugged into the monitor

xbox connected to this:

which connects to this:

which connects to the RCA jacks on my subwoofer.

Are you sure that this all will work?

Triple6

Rob
That should work, 100% sure...absolutely not as that can't be guaranteed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online