1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: xls to wks file conversion download

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by R65, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. R65

R65 Thread Starter

I need to be able to maintain an Excel (xls) spreadsheet with Works SS 4.x/2000 (wks) ME system. I have downloaded a viewer and can view the xls spreadsheet, but not make any changes. I need (I think) a file converter from Excel (xls) to Works (wks.) Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks, R65

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i assume you dont have excel on your PC - you may just need to open in excel and save as a works spreadsheet

Note you may lose some things if the excel spreadsheet has used anything thats not supported by works

if you want to zip it up and post here - I'll save as works and post back

3. R65

R65 Thread Starter

Thanks, etaf. Yes, I don't have excel on my pc. I only have MS Excel Viewer, which does not let me open the file in excel to then be saved as a works spreadsheet. I appreciate your offer to save as works and post back, but since the data is of a personal nature related to others, I can't accept. Although MS does provide an excel viewer, it does not seem to provide an excel converter. Thanks Again, R65

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  5. R65

R65 Thread Starter

Thanks Once More, ETAF. The (.sk.ca) link you provided,and a good nights sleep, brought it all together this morning. I was able to easily change the Excel spreadsheet to a Works spreadsheet by following the simple given instructions. Have a great day!
    Best Regards, R65

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    Your Welcome. (y)
    Would you now mark this thread solved - which you have the power to do from your first post.
    goto
    Tick - Mark Solved

Thanks (y)

7. R65

R65 Thread Starter

done!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324627

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice