Solved: xls to wks file conversion download

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

R65

I need to be able to maintain an Excel (xls) spreadsheet with Works SS 4.x/2000 (wks) ME system. I have downloaded a viewer and can view the xls spreadsheet, but not make any changes. I need (I think) a file converter from Excel (xls) to Works (wks.) Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks, R65

etaf

Wayne
i assume you dont have excel on your PC - you may just need to open in excel and save as a works spreadsheet

Note you may lose some things if the excel spreadsheet has used anything thats not supported by works

if you want to zip it up and post here - I'll save as works and post back

R65

Thanks, etaf. Yes, I don't have excel on my pc. I only have MS Excel Viewer, which does not let me open the file in excel to then be saved as a works spreadsheet. I appreciate your offer to save as works and post back, but since the data is of a personal nature related to others, I can't accept. Although MS does provide an excel viewer, it does not seem to provide an excel converter. Thanks Again, R65

R65

Thanks Once More, ETAF. The (.sk.ca) link you provided,and a good nights sleep, brought it all together this morning. I was able to easily change the Excel spreadsheet to a Works spreadsheet by following the simple given instructions. Have a great day!
Best Regards, R65

etaf

Wayne
Your Welcome. (y)
Would you now mark this thread solved - which you have the power to do from your first post.
goto
Tick - Mark Solved

Thanks (y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online