1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: XP: All Services end up set to Disabled

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dbailey18, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbailey18

dbailey18 Thread Starter

This question has been asked before with no results back in 04/12/06, and was posted by junker39, so now my Father-in-law is having the same problem on his system which is a GateWay. Said he was just reading his e-mail before all this happened in OutlookExpress went away for probably 4 or 5 hrs game back and he could not connect, which is dialup to the internet. Looked things over and noticed
    that all his system services had been set to disable ? Re-inabled the things back the way they should be for his system uninstalled his People PC ON Line , just wish he would switch over to cable, re-installed the People PC got him back on line went into system service's again after closing his browser and noticed all service's where re-set again to disable ? Have done virus scans and whatever else we could come up with no results. Was wondering if the creature could be in his ram?

2. MMJ

MMJ Guest

what do you mean by "all services"?

3. dbailey18

dbailey18 Thread Starter

OK ! Just go ahead and consider this solved and as I will mark it as such. My reference was to the services in Administrative Tools or if your system config screen has it those services. It seems as though it was a problem with his Virus program as I have uninstalled it and replaced it with somthing with a little more CLASS !!!! Nod 32 ! Yeah ! :D The program ( Virus Software ) was for some reason disabling everthing at start up ! No more ! :cool: :cool: :cool:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538510

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice