Solved: XP boots to a black screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Hollow16

i was playing crysis on my computer a few nights ago and every thing was working great. but when i got up the next morning i found my computer had turned it's self off! when i tried to turn it on it would run for about 30 sec. with nothing on the monitor and then shut off. i tried removing anything that was not needed to boot up, like my video card, one ram stick, and an extra HD, but still the same thing. i checked for loose screws or other metal that might be causing a short, and tried removing the battery and changing the CMOS jumpers to restart the bios. but still nothing.

i let it sit for a few days, and now when i turn it on it stays on, but no response from the monitor, not even a flicker.:mad:

antech

Banned
Restore the video card .
How old is the system?
Maybe the Motherboard has malfunctioned

Hollow16

I just updated everything in the computer about a year ago.
I thought it might be the motherboard, but it's only a year old, so i hope it's not the motherboard.
how do i restore the video card?
and how can i tell if it's the motherboard? i don't have a POST card

hiya ,i think its a referal in your first post (remove video card),anyway can you access your bios,have access to another xp machine

Hollow16

no, i can't get into the bios. the keyboard is unresponsive too.
I have access to an other computer, but it's a windows 7 not a XP

antech

Banned
Seems that the motherboard is still under warranty .
Check it.

Hollow16

i found the problem, it was a bad capacitor. i replaced all of them and now it's working great.

thanks for the help. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online