Solved: xp desktop background picture

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

col

i went to a website today and downloaded a winxp backcround picture and when i clicked the picture to set as background it set it okay, but it was showing the picture as multiples of small pictures that filled the screen.
can some tell me how to make it one whole picture that fills the screen.tia. col.

Right click your desktop. click properties and then the desktop tab. Then in the postions box, choose 'center'.

col

xgerryx said:
Right click your desktop. click properties and then the desktop tab. Then in the postions box, choose 'center'.
xgerrx thanks that squared it up alright,but now theres another problem with it.its
now out of focus witch is not your fault what would cause it to bo out of focus.col.

Could be that the image you are using has a smaller resolution than that of your screen. Check the downloaded backgrounds properties for its size by right clicking its icon> properties> summaries tab. And then right click your desktop> properties> settings tab and see if it has a matching screen resolution.

Sounds like you set the thumbnail for the actual pic as the wallpaper.

col

xgerryx, lister. thanks for replys xgerryx all i no is i saw the pic on website
right clicked it to save my to my pictures when saved right clicked again
set as background it set but as i said out of focus. i think it saved as jpeg
not sure i will try to post properties screen shot.lister if i saved thumbnail
what have i done wrong how should i have done it.thanks again.col

Attachments

It appears as lister suggested that you have downloaded the thumbnail to the wallpaper and not the wallpaper. Go back to the site and left click on the thumbnail and see what happens.

Try clicking on the picture on that page to see if it brings you to a larger one. If it's too small, the resolution will be poor and it will look terrible when enlarged.

The letters TN_ in the name 'usually' denote that the image is a 'thumbnail' image (Thumbnail - a small graphic to represent a larger pic, in order to save bandwidth and page load time); and the size as well, just over 2 kb is tiny.

Usual practice is to left-click on the thumbnail picture, to open the large version, and then save it and make that your wallpaper.

col

lister and every one thank to all your lasst post lister fixed it all.col, (y)

col,

For the future, that is a very common practice, putting just a thumbnail for display which is a lot smaller that the one you would want to download. One obvious reason is that more pictures can be displayed on a single web page at a time. It also greatly speeds up the loading of that page. I've also seen many that then give you the choice of what size actual background picture you want to download when the time comes.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts