1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: XP driving me mad

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Stevenc1603, Apr 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Stevenc1603

Stevenc1603 Thread Starter

Hi All,

Firstly, I have searched for the solution to this and have come up with nothing to help me so far, so please bear with me.

Back in the day when I was running windows 2000, if i used windows explorer to highlight a group of JPG files, when i right-click, open them they would open up one instance of Paint Shop Pro (with which JGP files were associated) and each image would open as a separate image within PSP.

Now I am running XP Pro and if I do the same I get multiple instances of PSP running, with one image in each.

Can I go back to the Win2K behaviour or am I condemed to opening the program first and then opening the files from the File, open dialogue.

Cheers,

Steve

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Hey steve and welcome :)

I have PSP and I don't remember my version opening up multiple instances. Have you looked into the settings of PSP? I'm at work right now so I will look into my settings when I get back.

3. nocompknowl

nocompknowl

Mine works fine, you mustve changed somethign to open a new window everytime. check the settings and see if anyhting is different. I open hundreds of photos at a time and whenever i click it it opens them all in the same PSP window. soo... ya try to look to see if anything has changed

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I did look at my settings and found nothing. The only thing I can suggest is to make sure that your file type settings for .JPG and .JPEG are the same as mine on the attached picture. Other than that, try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/216562

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice