[SOLVED] XP Home Installation Drive D Low on Space

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
New dual boot with 98 and XP Home on c: drive, have slave drive with about 800 megs free. XP keeps politely telling me that drive D is low on space. I don't care.....I'm not planning on putting anything more on it. Is there anyway to get rid of this irritating 'reminder?'

Hi there:)

Have ago at this

Run the Registry Editor (REGEDIT.EXE).

Open HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Policies\ Explorer.

If it's not there, create a DWORD value and call it NoLowDiskSpaceChecks.

Double-click on NoLowDiskSpaceChecks, and enter the value 1, and press OK.

Hope this helps:)

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Ok....thanks, I take it I have to reboot after doing that.....so fingers crossed, I'll give it a couple of minutes :)

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Ok, I haven't seen hide nor hair of it in 20 minutes :D

So it worked!

Thanks again.....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online