Solved: Xp home logon error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PK-her0

hi guys,

i recently installed a dell desktop (p4 512mbram) old computer with xp home
it was running perfectly

then the irish farmer i fixed it for,renamed the user account to his name and
put a password on the account.

then when it gets to logon an error appears

windows could not logon to the computer or domain please check the password and try again.

then says windows is starting up and does nothing.

i can get in on safe mode,the error comes up but lets you in.

i have copied,renamed and created a new account but it always does the same thing

any ideas?

Might just need to reconfigure the Auto logon.
Setup Autologon

Start | Run, type control userpasswords2, press Enter
Uncheck the Box Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
(If already unchecked, check it, click Apply, then uncheck it)
Click OK
You'll be prompted to choose an account and enter a password that the system will use to Automatically log on. If you have no password, leave both password boxes blank.

If you want it to stop at the Welcome screen, just leave the box checked for Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!