Solved: XP over Vista problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ademzuberi

Hello, i have a problem with the XP instalation over Vista on my HP Compaq 6720s, after the XP setup proces starts it reports no HDD could be found (or something like that), i tryed to follow some tips about disabeling sata AHCI but no such option could be found on my bios, help please.
Thanks

XP instalation over Vista = Please explain how you accomplished this task?

ademzuberi

I mean i need to format the partition where vista is instaled and instal xp, but xp is not recognizing my hdd

Well for one thing there are things you have to do before running the windows xp install. First thing is the windows xp install disk has to be a Microsoft install disk the OEM's from the manufacturers like Dell, Compaq etc will not work for this. Second the SATA drive in the computer will not be detected until the SCSI drivers for it are installed during the windows install process so you are going to have to locate the windows XP SCSI drivers for this and also you are going to have to locate and download the special chipset drivers for the motherboard like chipset, buss, network, video, audio and others from wither the computer manufacturers web site or the motherboard manufacturers web site then burn them to a CD-R and install them in the order tyoes earlier.

ademzuberi

Thanks for your reply i found the solution: Disableling the SATA native mode. Thanks again
(y)

First thing is the windows xp install disk has to be a Microsoft install disk the OEM's from the manufacturers like Dell, Compaq etc will not work for this.
Oz, my Dell OEM XP installation disk is a Full Install version of XP. Most OEM installation versions are, as well. A manufacturers Restore disk may well not be, as many of these are actually image restoration disks, but OEM installation disks sell by the truckloads off the net everyday, and they will indeed install a full version of XP...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online