1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: XP Picture resizing

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Startreker, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Startreker

Startreker Thread Starter

HI there..

Just quick question.

My dad uploaded some photo's from his digital camera and he wants to email some photos. A while ago he used to right click on the photo in windows Explorer and goto Send To Mail Recipient and there would be a dialogue box to ask to Make all the pictures smaller or to keep the original size then attach them to the email but today after choosing send to mail recipient it just attaches to the email.

The problem is that the pictures are too big and i wanted to know how to get the dialogue box asking to resize the pictures back?

He is running windows XP Pro with outlook from microsoft Office XP.

Cheers

Startreker

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

I remember seeing a link to a utility posted the other day that does just what you are talking about but I can't remember the name of it. I will try and find the link. You can always use the XP PowerToy to resize the picture first and then email it.

3. Startreker

Thanks Squashman for the quick reply.

Just after i posted i found an application that reduced the size of the pics called "JPEG Optimizer" which works well.

This does the trick at the moment but i was wondering if there was a setting in windows XP that can restore the function of asking to make all the pics smaller?

4. Squashman

5. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

What you do is make another directory for the pictures for example Work_Pictures.

When you move your pictures to the hard drive you put them into a directory of your choice and then copy them to the new directory. While in the new directory you can do what you want to them because you have the originals in its own directory.

In short never work on the original work on a copy of it. Or cover your rear end with a copy.

6. Startreker

HI

1st - Thanks Squashman for the link. I tried the 1st option of moving the sendmail.dll and did not work and looked in the registry and all the registry subkeys state Image.

On the bottom of that page is says to RUN "regsvr32 shimgvw.dll". Does this reset all the file associations on the computer or just image etc as he has other files associated with differant programs?

2nd - Thanks Ozrom1e for the reply. I learned that lesson a while ago and always make a backup when working with photos (Especially when they are not mine as i accidentally deleted a couple from my dad a while back, Ooops).

7. Squashman

8. Startreker

Hey all

I reset the file associations and bingo the dialogue box comes up after rebooting and it all works fine.

Thanks

Startreker

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/483711

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice