1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Solved] XP Pro Backup Question

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cwilmot, Jun 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cwilmot

cwilmot Thread Starter

When I attempt to use the Backup wizard in XP PRO it offers me only 2 removable disks, A and H (ZIP), as destination choices. How can I direct the backup to my 2nd hard drive, G? A reference book makes this quote: "You can store a backup file on a fixed hard disk--set the box to Let Me Choose A Location Not Listed Here and click the Browse button to see your hard disks and choose a folder." I can't find this box to which they refer! Any suggestions?

2. dai

dai

i just checked mine it does not offer to back up to another partition i no longer have a second hard drive installed.you could always drag the folder in explorer down to the second hard drive and click copy here until you sort it out

3. Dan O

Dan O

I just tried it. I selected the Advanced Mode option after selecting Backup and it allowed me to select any drive or partition I wanted. Did you use it?

4. cwilmot

cwilmot Thread Starter

Dan O, I got it! Thanks for your support.

5. Dan O

Dan O

That's great news, I will mark your thread solved.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!