1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] XP Pro not getting on line

Discussion in 'Networking' started by n79ford, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. n79ford

n79ford Thread Starter

I have had my two machines seeing each other on my network when one my server XP home was running and my other XP Pro was going. ever since i have upgraded to xp pro on my server box my other xp pro will NOT connect to the net. They see each other and file sharing is enabled on both and internet is sharied on both. there is cat 5 from the cable modem to my box then to a hub then out and about. Any thing else i have left out? Any information i can give you to help me out?

eek::confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused::eek: :confused:

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I'm not sure if this matters in XP......but I thought only one computer should be setup with internet connection sharing?

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

The second box indeed does not have ICS enabled if you want it to work. :)

4. n79ford

n79ford Thread Starter

well i tried that bout on one box my server it says there was an error, and i can make the other box a server because not enough PCI ports

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'd drop in to Practically Networked and do some remedial reading. I have no idea what "make the other box a server because not enough PCI ports" means. Here's the page on ICS Tutorial.

6. n79ford

n79ford Thread Starter

priciate it that helped got everything going

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118427

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice