Solved: Xp Pro Shutdown

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dojoman

I have just installed XP Pro on my pc and everything seems to be working ok. The only problem is that when I go through the shutdown procedure it seems ok until it gets to the point where it says it is now safe to shutdown your pc, but instead of the power going off the pc just keeps running and I have turn the power off to stop it. Can anyone please help, Dojo

Go to Start | Control Panel | Power Options
Click the APM tab, and turn on the Enable Advanced Power Management support option

If that doesn't work, try this

Go to Start | Run
Type in regedit
Registry Key:

In the left pane, find the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

In the right Pane, look for PowerdownAfterShutdown
If it exists, double click it to modify it,
Change the value to 1

If it does not exist, highlight the Winlogon folder in the left pane, and right click it

Click New | DWORD, giving it the name PowerdownAfterShutdown
Double click it and give it the value of 1

Exit Registry and Reboot

Try shutting down now, it should power off completely

dojoman

Thanks for the help m8, tried the first suggestion and it worked a treat, cheers Dojo

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online