1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: xp safe in safe mode fine...mormal mode blue screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by angie7, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. angie7

angie7 Thread Starter

i have windows home xp edtion on parkard bell.in safe mode it is fine,but when on normal bootup mode it will hang up after 2mins aprox(then restart saying crit error,check hardware etc and being to dump files kernel),on a blue screen.

i tried a different graphics card,but no joy.so i replaced the hdd drive and put a fresh copy of windows xp pro edtion on,but it loads all the files(i have not pressed f6)i just let it run its course on the disc,then it hangs up on the blue screen again with the words(crit error 0x0000007f)check hardware etc and if this is the first time you have seen it try starting windows again.

Thankyou for all your time.

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Start in Safe Mode and look in C:\Windows\Minidump for crash log files with a dmp extension, like Mini071008-01.dmp. Zip 4-5 of the latest ones and post here as a ZIP or RAR attachment. The log file contains information useful to determine what caused the error, most likely hardware.

3. angie7

angie7 Thread Starter

Thanks Frank,i have put in a new hard drive,but hanging up trying to install fresh xp pro,i wonder if it is because it was packard bell machine and you have to install driver's etc(f6),i have changed the graphics card.I now dont think i can put the old hard drive in ,to go onto safe mode?thanks again

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/729142