1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: XP SATA Drivers.Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xXSurferXx, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xXSurferXx

xXSurferXx Thread Starter

my laptop came with vista premium when i bought it like a week ago, so i swiped the drive and put XP by going into the bios and disabling SATA so i can install a legacy OS i guess that Windows XP lol, so i went into the BIOS again after i got XP ready and enabled SATA but!, it would not go past the booting screen, the screen would flash and it would just reboot again, so i turned off SATA again and it worked fine.

How can i enable SATA so that it would work with XP? do i need a driver? where can i get them?

HP doesnt have them, i tried the Intel Storage Manager but it says my pc requirements is not enough or something like that. Help anyone. thanks

2. AQuickE

AQuickE Banned

Your post is not clear but if you are saying that you cannot install XP because you need SATA drivers, then you have to find the correct ones for your hardware and install them at the F6 prompt during the install process. You will need a floppy drive to do this and you were on the right track when you investigated the Intel Matrix Storage Manager. Start here and follow the prompts to get you to a download that is compatible with your mobo chipset and creates a floppy for you: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=2101

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/687892

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice