1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: XP to Vista Conversion?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by phoges, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phoges

phoges Thread Starter

I moved into a new apartment and the previous owner left behind a Dell Inspiron 2650, running XP service pack 2 (it works pitifully). I have a Dell studio which runs Vista. With the packet of installation CD's that I recieved when I purchased my computer, would I be able to install Vista onto the 2650. I have become quite fond of vista, and as I said the 2650 which was left behind is just so poorly maintained. Suggestions?

2. joeten

joeten

i would go to microsofts site and see what the licence allows on your disc if it did then you need to check the comp is suitable for the os again ms can scan and tell you or you could just clean up the comp and the one other thing is if the owner comes looking for it and you have done anything he may take legal action it is his/hers after all

3. phoges

phoges Thread Starter

Thanks. No, there will be no legal action. It was in a box of stuff labeled FREE

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/802445

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice