1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: XP to win8 to win8.1 corel programs

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by johnsonboswell, Apr 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnsonboswell

johnsonboswell Thread Starter

Okay, my log is right below.

Can't afford much new software. I was running Wordperfect X3 and Corel Paint Shop Pro x3 and the photosoftware ran better than on Win XP. Actually so did WordPerfect. Upgraded to 8.1 on Sunday and no functioning in WordPerfect. I am at least an amateur and beyond writer and photographer.

I don't know where I stand on PaintShopPro, but how can I get my documents from WordPerfect? I can't find any support for WP X3. Is it still made? Can I make it run? If so, how do I get rid of WordPerfect Mail?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 12207 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, -2016 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 1892623 MB, Free - 1825988 MB; D: Total - 13137 MB, Free - 1610 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 2AF3
    Antivirus: ESET NOD32 Antivirus 7.0, Updated and Enabled

2. peterh40

peterh40

First Name:
    Peter
    Have you tried OpenOffice or LibreOffice which can open MS Word and Corel WordPerfect documents. And its free!

As for a Paint Shop Pro replacement, try Paint.NET from http://www.getpaint.net/

3. johnsonboswell

johnsonboswell Thread Starter

Are the programs impossibly difficult? I knew about open office but not the other one. I will check into both. if they will open my files...

I have downloaded the trial for pspxvi and don't see any vast improvement. Do you know if the photo and paint program you recommended will open adobe paintshop 4.0 files(yes, I really have some) and paint shop pro files from past versions. I have so many images from psp. most are in other formats but not all.

I am going to leave this open for now and go exploring. might have other questions. thank you so much for your suggestions.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1124645

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice