Solved: XP, when right click a file or folder, I receive error and ie closes.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

manorbeast

I'm using XP, service pack 3, ie 8...everythings up to date, scanned, cleaned and fine tuned as well as I can do it! I receive the same error every time I right click a file or folder and here it is:
"Windows Explorer
Windows Explorer encountered a problem and needs to close...."
More info:
AppName:explorer.exe AppVer:6.0.2900.5512 ModName:kernel32.dll
ModVer:5.1.2600.5781 Offset:0000d00d

Thanks

manorbeast

The Shell ExView is very impressive and saved my hard drives life! I can't thank you enough for taking the time to help me! The culprit was a shell extension in PowerDesk of a 2008 vintage...go figure! Computers are a fantastic tool...thanks for your expertise!!

I am just in after a night out celebrating a friend at works birthday, came online and got your email, so nice that you took the time to say thanks

Glad your problem is sorted.

joan

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online