1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] Xp windows update

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mobo, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mobo

mobo Thread Starter

Has anyone else been experiencing the problee of windows update page continue to reply with the following screen after scanning for updates ? If so were you able to repair and how ?

Attached Files:

2. Cookies

Cookies

3. Swiper

Swiper

When I received that error, it was because I changed my enviroment variables. In other words, I used to change the default variable of TEMP / TMP to have it set to C:\TEMP.
    makes it easier for cleaning up Temp files/folders.

If your enviroment variable ( or path for TEMP/TMP ) is set to go to a folder which does not exist, it will produce this error.
    Make sure you enviroment variable(s) are pointed to valid folder(s) on your harddrive.

GOOD LUCK!!!

4. mobo

mobo Thread Starter

Excellent Cookies...I attempted the download of that security update you posted and was prompted with an error that my cryptographic service wasn't running so after starting it the download took and I rebooted and sure enough I can now begin the install of the Crazy amount of 54 XP PRO updates...thanks :D

5. Cookies

Cookies

Busy night for you! :)

6. mobo

mobo Thread Starter

You want to believe it. Took just over an hour for all the xp updates from critical to recommended....Whew..

7. Cookies

Cookies

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163602

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice