1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: XP wont boot. Please help...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by shankey, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shankey

shankey Thread Starter

I have installed XP and ubuntu by dual booting and XP wont boot at all. It booted properly till now and all of a suddern it wont boot. I tried F8, and it shows the options, and if I click any of the options it automatically reboots. (Even enabling "Disable reboot automatically"). It wont even start booting up. :( . I have also tried booting up through my boot disk but it doesn't work too. It was working when i tried few weeks ago but not now. It shows a black blue screen and its not even reading the disk, but the harddisk usage light shines brightly. It just remains there until i restart the system. ( Ubuntu works nicely and i think it might not be the cause( i think) ) Please help me.

2. shankey

shankey Thread Starter

I found out that if i press crtl>alt>del when the black screen appears, the system reboots. Does that help? Please help me.pl,pl...

3. shankey

shankey Thread Starter

Solved it.:) Actually there is a worm called "ntdelect.com.exe" which will be shown as "nedelect.com" if you hide the known file types. I apparantly deleted the file including the one in C: drive. Windows uses "boot.ini" and "ntdelect.com" files to load the important files during booting( both from HD and CD). So it refused to boot. I booted to ubuntu loaded the XP cd and copied "ntdelect.com" file from i386 folder to my C: drive and rebooted it. That solved the problem. Its very useful to have a dual boot...:p Thanks anyway...(y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644218

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice