1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: xp won't load

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by wilemdogs95, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wilemdogs95

wilemdogs95 Thread Starter

My daughter was getting on yahoo the other day when the dog unpluged the computer and now windows will not load.I get a blue screen and when I try safe mode the same thing only then it go black but still have power I belive windows get corrupt how do I fix it.

Thanks
    Dave:(

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Boot from the XP CD, choose "R" and log into the Recovery Console. Type:

chkdsk /r

3. wilemdogs95

that the problem no disc dell's being jerk will not send it i need to pay them the computer is paid off.If I put a old xp disc in it won't load unbootable disc does this mean i have to change some drives in the BIOS to load cd drive

4. wilemdogs95

the computer is paid off sorry typing to fast.

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

Do you have a manual? Check on how to access the recovery partition on boot. It may be Alt(or Ctrl)+F11, but may be something else.

6. Event3horizon

Event3horizon Banned

If you call Dell and your out of warranty, they still have to be able to send you an xp disc.. just say you lost it. If they say no just politley demand to speak to a supervisor. .. I work for Dell by the way.. lol.

7. wilemdogs95

they want me to pay for it and I told them I never got it and they said because it on a unbootable drive what ever that means.dell will not put me throu to the tech support with out a cc#they keep saying I need a usb floppy drive.

8. Event3horizon

Event3horizon Banned

That's weird. Your computer must be originally purchased with XP and listed on your order for them to send you it. What does a usb floppy drive have to do with anything? The only possible thing I can think of is that you may have an expired limited phone tech support warranty and in that case you can't get assisted by a tech at all.

If they're not putting you "thru" directly. Try contact tech support directly usually the number is 1800-822-8965 and input your express service code to reach the proper department directly.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703292

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice