1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: yahoo - automatic page update message

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by momofacb, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. momofacb

momofacb Thread Starter

Suddenly, Yahoo and Yahoo mail are out of whack. Everything is in a list on the left side, no pictures, all in a plain font like this:

Search:
    Web Search

Open Search Assist

When I go to yahoo/mail I get this message:
    Automatic page updates causing problems with your screen reader?

If you are using a screen reader and having problems using Mail, it might help to disable automatic page updates. Please note, this will also disable chat and text messaging within Yahoo! Mail. You can toggle automatic updates on and off using the link below

• And the page looks somewhat like this:
    Inbox

View:

Messages 1-100 of 261 Go to First page | Go to Previous page | Go to Next page | Go to Last page

Clear flag InboxRead / Unread From
    SubjectDate
    SizeUnread
    Tech Support Guy Forums
    Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Clicking the link does nothing. I can get to my email but the font is huge and everything is in a list.

It is only happening in Yahoo and does not matter what browser I use. My son can get into my email just fine on his laptop. I've spent all day on it and have made it worse if anything. Thanks for helping!

2. momofacb

momofacb Thread Starter

I finally figured out that BeSecure filter was blocking yimg.com which is yahoo images.

3. pradapdev

pradapdev

hi iam also have the same problem in most of the computers in my office please instruct me to sol;ve the problem......

thanks in advance

4. momofacb

momofacb Thread Starter

I have an internet filter on my computer called BeSecure. Somehow, that filter was blocking yahoo images - it was listed as yimg.com. When I removed that yimg.com from the list of blocked websites yahoo worked fine again. So, if you have an internet filter, check to see if it is blocking yimg.com or something like that. Hope that helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918689

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice