Solved: Yahoo Banner And Most Of The Ads On Sites Dont Appear

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mdc017

I really need help this is my first thread. I have searched despertley all over the internet but found no answer. When I go to yahoo.com the yahoo title at the top does not load. It appears simply as a grey box. There are also ads on that very same homepage like the one usually to the right just under the yahoo search button. On cartoonnetwork.com none of the things labled ads load either. I would aprreciate your help. It is SOOO annoying.

mdc017

I am using xp and my host file must be different because the us.a1... thingy is not in mine.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Do you have SpyBot-S&D installed?

If so, is the option to lock the HOSTS file enabled?

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
How long has this been occurring?

Can you recall what changes were made to the system before this started?

mdc017

Been occuring for maybe a week. I remember it did happed the same day as the Indiana Jones Marathon.I don't think any changes were made other than getting pop ups. Never had a problem with them before. I didn't even use a blocker. Now I do.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
If you disable the pop-up blocker does the Yahoo image load?

mdc017

I have another seriously annoying problem under the networking category if n e 1 thinks they can help.

mdc017

sorry for the inconvinience i checked out the other forum again and i fixed the problem i didn't use that word find thing right. Thanx a million.

mdc017

it was the thread that u told me to look at when i looked at it before i posted this thread the find thing innotepad didnt work so thank u. A+++

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online