Solved: Yahoo browser won't search

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ezjim

I've used Yahoo as my internet home page for 2 years, suddenly every entry into "search for", pops up ..."Bad Request","Your browser sent a request this server could not understand." I also can't delete any mail. It's starting to pile up. Any request, is a Bad Request. No problem with MSN search. Yahoo tech says,"all ok" on their end.. Any input welcome....Thanks...ezjim

ezjim

I've cleaned and everything and scanned for viruses many times. Downloaded AVG and scanned. ( AVG seems to work very well, I like the format) Yahoo is the only search affected. I also can't print anything while on-line so the few things to check from Yahoo were sent as email. I'm not savi enough to remember the details long enough to implement the suggestions....Get the picture???? Thanks for your response though. Also can't print this page, so any complicated instructions I'd get will have to be copied in longhand.....ezjim

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Are you accessing yahoo from a favorite link? IF so, try typing in yahoo.com instead.

ezjim

An answer to AcaCandy,
I'm using Internet Explorer to acess th Web, but Yahoo home page. my attempt to Search in Yahoo's search box results is Bad Request. I'm thinking the fault is in IE. But I'm not having any progress. Tried to update IE, but no go. Again, I'm not having browser probs. with MSN search or mail...Virus searches reveal zip. I feel like I've lost a file needed to let yahoo complete the task, but don't know how to find it...Thanks for your input. ezjim

well, yahoo has temporarily been having some sort of flaws. i noticed this yesterday and today as well. i thought something was wrong with my internet connection bcuz yahoo is my homepage and it wouldnt load. so i reseted the router. turns out everything was fine, yahoo was just down.

ezjim

Thanks a bunch for the time and suggestions....And the winner is......Mozilla Firefox!!!!!
I downloaded FF 1.0 and my Yahoo problems disapeared. I did get the idea from reading these various threads and for that I am greatful....Thanks again :)...ezjim

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online