1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Yahoo browser won't search

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ezjim, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ezjim

ezjim Thread Starter

I've used Yahoo as my internet home page for 2 years, suddenly every entry into "search for", pops up ..."Bad Request","Your browser sent a request this server could not understand." I also can't delete any mail. It's starting to pile up. Any request, is a Bad Request. No problem with MSN search. Yahoo tech says,"all ok" on their end.. Any input welcome....Thanks...ezjim

2. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

3. Memory_Loss

Memory_Loss

Have you tried cleaning your temp. internet files, cookies, history?

4. ezjim

ezjim Thread Starter

I've cleaned and everything and scanned for viruses many times. Downloaded AVG and scanned. ( AVG seems to work very well, I like the format) Yahoo is the only search affected. I also can't print anything while on-line so the few things to check from Yahoo were sent as email. I'm not savi enough to remember the details long enough to implement the suggestions....Get the picture???? Thanks for your response though. Also can't print this page, so any complicated instructions I'd get will have to be copied in longhand.....ezjim

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Are you accessing yahoo from a favorite link? IF so, try typing in yahoo.com instead.

6. ezjim

ezjim Thread Starter

An answer to AcaCandy,
    I'm using Internet Explorer to acess th Web, but Yahoo home page. my attempt to Search in Yahoo's search box results is Bad Request. I'm thinking the fault is in IE. But I'm not having any progress. Tried to update IE, but no go. Again, I'm not having browser probs. with MSN search or mail...Virus searches reveal zip. I feel like I've lost a file needed to let yahoo complete the task, but don't know how to find it...Thanks for your input. ezjim

7. zahrav

zahrav

well, yahoo has temporarily been having some sort of flaws. i noticed this yesterday and today as well. i thought something was wrong with my internet connection bcuz yahoo is my homepage and it wouldnt load. so i reseted the router. turns out everything was fine, yahoo was just down.

8. ezjim

ezjim Thread Starter

Thanks a bunch for the time and suggestions....And the winner is......Mozilla Firefox!!!!!
    I downloaded FF 1.0 and my Yahoo problems disapeared. I did get the idea from reading these various threads and for that I am greatful....Thanks again :)...ezjim

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326808

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice