Solved: Yahoo email unable to insert address from address book

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

w1_m2

I have been unable to insert an address from my Yahoo email address book for some time now and I have decided to ask for help.

All I am doing is opening Yahoo mail and trying to compose a new email to send to someone who is already in my contacts. When I click "to:" or "insert address" my address book shows up. But when I place a check mark and try to "insert checked contacts" I go to this address on a blank page: http://us.mc1612.mail.yahoo.com/mc/kioskHandler

I see that this has been asked before but no one had replied and I can't find the answer doing a search.

Can anyone help?

I have Vista Home Premium 32 using Firefox. The version is the latest version of Firefox but this has happened in many previous versions of Firefox. (I was lazy [or in a hurry] and just typed in the address of the entity to which I was communicating as a work around.)

Thanks
Wayne Margot

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3070 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 305250 MB, Free - 214622 MB; H: Total - 238472 MB, Free - 192816 MB;
Motherboard: , C19/MCP51
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

w1_m2

Concerning my post above: I turned on my older XP computer and I had no problem with inserting an address from the Yahoo! address book.

I compared all my settings in both computers and noticed that I had different settings relating to how pop-ups are handled. XP reminded me that the address book takes the form of a pop-up. On my Vista I had pop-ups opening up (?) in a webpage. That is the page which came up blank. After I have corrected the settings, I no longer have a problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online