1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Yahoo Toolbar "Change Layout" malfunction

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by hhannam, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hhannam

hhannam Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dick
    For those of you who don't already know, apparently Yahoo has stopped supporting or taking customer care email questions about the Yahoo Toolbar. I have no idea why this has occurred. I have submitted this question to the Yahoo "Answers" forum but no one had a solution.

The problem is that when I attempt to alter my app icons positioning I am no longer able to do so. This is ordinarily done by selecting the "Toolbar settings/Change Layout tab". When I make this selection, the icons field under "My Apps" is now empty, although the remainder of the window content is still there (see attached screen clip). Previously I was able to drag and drop the icons to new positons in the field. While this is obviously not a major problem, it is annoying nonetheless because I use the icon shortcuts daily and their positioning is of significance to me. So if you think you might have a suggestion on how to remedy this problem I'd like to hear from you.

I have tried the following unsuccessfully:

1. Uninstalled and re-installed the Yahoo Toolbar.
    2. Cleared the cache(s) both via my Firefox browser and a utility program called "CCleaner".
    3. Yahoo offers the option of saving the Toolbar Settings either on file with them or your own computer. I ordinarily keep the
    settings with Yahoo, but for this problem I also tried saving the settings to my computer, but it did not resolve the change layout problem.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, x86 Family 15 Model 75 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3518 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 238409 MB, Free - 170926 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC., NODUSM3

Attached Files:

2. hhannam

hhannam Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dick
    I was just recently (Jan. 19, 2013) able to resolve this Yahoo toolbar problem inadvertently while solving another problem. It was corrected when I reset my Firefox browser to the original settings. To reset Firefox, go to the menu bar in the upper left corner and click on Help/Troubleshooting Information/Reset Firefox (this button is located in the upper right of the page that comes up after clicking Troubleshooting). If you should find a reason to do this yourself, please read carefully about what this reset eliminates and what it retains so that you don't lose info you wish to keep.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082617

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice