1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Yet another facebook problem

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bmw-girl, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bmw-girl

bmw-girl Thread Starter

Hey everyone.

And just to put this out there, I have already read through all of the current/recent facebook threads. Unfortunately, nothing has helped so far.

I have 2 laptops, a desktop, a ps3, an Xbox 360, and a Kindle Fire all on my network. Any combination of these devices are connected at any given time, but usually it is just the new laptop, the desktop and the Kindle Fire. The desktop belongs to my boyfriend, and the NEW laptop and Kindle are mine.

A few weeks ago, I discovered I could no longer load http:www.facebook.com on my laptop, ( takes forever and gets the reset error that I am seeing is quite common around here) and I can no longer access the full site on my kindle, which I always used to do. (However, m.facebook.com still works on both.) All other sites work fine, and facebook is working on all of the other devices in my home.

I use firefox primarily, but am experiencing the same issue with IE. I have absolutely NO firewall currently, and the router is not blocking any other device from accessing the site. I ticked "no proxy", flushed my dns, did a tracert and timed out, cleared my cache, reinstalled firefox, tried it in safe mode, removed unnecessary programs, reset the router, did virus scans, checked for facebook mentionings in the hosts notepad, messaged facebook with no response, and even called my cable company who is passing the buck. I am using Windows 7 on the laptop and whatever the Kindle OS is..(not sure). I am just not understanding why these problems are only affecting my devices. It is kind of ironic because I am usually the computer fixer in the house, but this has me stumped!!

Any help would be BEYOND appreciated. Thanks :)

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Have you recently tried connecting your Kindle Fire to another network, to access Facebook, like a WiFi hotspot, library, Internet Café or a friend's home?

3. bmw-girl

bmw-girl Thread Starter

Dear Phantom,

Thanks for your response!! I have seen you all around this forum, helping hundreds of people and rarely getting the appreciation you deserve. I am honored to have you assisting me!! :)

I take my Kindle everywhere and use the mobile facebook app all the time. I haven't tried to load the full site on a different network since this started, or on my laptop. I will try that today. Thanks for the good idea!!!

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

It's not the solution, but at least it might give us some hints... :)

Thank you for your kind words and welcome to TSG! :)

5. bmw-girl

bmw-girl Thread Starter

Phantom,

I never got to try another network after we talked because I ended up staying home, but two days later it was suddenly working again!! I am not sure what exactly fixed it, or if it just fixed it's self somehow.. I am beginning to wonder if it iis a bug on facebook's end that affects different people at different times, similar to when they take certain pages down for maintenance. I just don't know else how to explain it! Anyway, sorry for not getting back sooner! :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088242

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice