1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: You have previously installed drivers without rebooting. Please reboot and tr

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by supermanno, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supermanno

supermanno Thread Starter

Hello guys. I am trying to install a sound card (EMU 1616m) on my Vista. While installing Vista gave me a couple of error messages. I realised that the sound card was not properly installed. I then tried to reinstall it again, and this time it gives me an error "You have previously installed drivers without rebooting. Please reboot and try again." Then as directed I rebooted. Nothing, same problem. I tried to uninstall, but the same message showes up.. How can I permanently remove this driver and do a fresh install of the sound card? I even tried system restore, but no luck. Any help would be appreciated!

2. ShadowProwler420

ShadowProwler420

Try uninstalling the sound card via the device manager (and any software which you may have installed that came with the card), reboot, then allow Vista to add the sound card back.

3. supermanno

supermanno Thread Starter

OK I got it fixed. All I had to do ( and I dont recommend anyone to do this! Or if you do do at your own risk!) I figured what time I installed the sound card ( around 1030 pm), went to system32, enabled hidden files and folders, and deleted every file that was created in that time range. I know its a risky business.. but if you dont have much to lose and willing to take that risk, it worked for me!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752817

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice