1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: you tube crashing on firefox,chrome and ie8

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by realnovice1, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. realnovice1

realnovice1 Thread Starter

i'm repeatedly trying to watch a video on you tube ,but it keeps crashing on the 3 browsers indicated. it says an error report has been sent but i'm still non the wiser. only that chrome says that shockwave flash has crashed. also seems to be a time lag between me using the mousepad on the laptop and getting a response for scrolling and using the forward and back button. only other thing is that i have trimmed down my start up programs and services from a previous query and all worked ok; but a did a couple more trims and maybe stopped something that needs to startup on auto.
    any help appreciated.

2. TOGG

TOGG

Adobe Shockwave player is different to the Adobe Flash player plugin which is included in most browsers, and it seems unlikely that the Shockwave player is causing your YouTube problem.

If you go here; http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html with every browser you have, you should get a message that your Flash Player version is 10,0,45,2. If your version is different, you will need to update your plugins. This will require you to run the special uninstaller from the Adobe site and then download the Active X version (for IE) and the non Active X version for the other browsers (assuming Chrome needs the plugin?). I can provide links if necessary.

Unfortunately, I don't know if the other things you mention have any bearing on your problem.

3. realnovice1

realnovice1 Thread Starter

thanks TOGG. i was actually following a thread you were on regarding somebodies adobe flash player where you were advising to uninstall and reinstall. i did this and updated shockwave. this problem seems to be resolved now ;
    an extra piece of info for you if it helps is that the versions of adobe i was using were beta updates from filehippo.com ; and when i did an update after re-installation at filehippo it advised these same beta updates;why i dont know if the original versions work ok. i can only suggest that this was the problem . i have read elsewhere that you should leave beta updates alone. that they are gunea-pig trials.
    thanks again

4. TOGG

TOGG

Beta software releases are definitely only for people that that have 'test' computers that they can wipe and reinstall or 'virtual' systems. I never go near beta software!

You can mark this 'Solved' using the button that should be on top of your first post.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914258

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice