Solved: YouTube to DVD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

johnni

I would like to copy a .FLV downloaded file to a DVD but it must be converted first into some other file format. My stand alone DVD player connected to the TV cannot handle FLV files.

Any suggestions for a suitable file format, please?

johnni

what formats can your dvd player take? is it a divx dvd player? just normal dvd player?
if its a normal dvd player you will need to first convert your flv file to avi or mpeg, or something similiar then use a package such as nero or dvdflick to convert and burn your avi(other similiar) file to dvd format which will then play happily on your dvd.

johnni

Thanks for the reply; the DVD player is a Philips model which claims to play everything. It certainly plays JPG and MP3 discs and audio CDs. The only other option it claims to handle is WMA - I'm not sure whether that is video AND audio, or just one.

I spent the afternoon downloading various converters in cluding one to convert FLV to MPEG (in various forms - MP3, MP4) but after burning to a DVD+RW in turn the message on screen was 'disc not recognised' even though I have used that disk occasionally in the past for trial purposes which have worked OK.

It seems that the FLV to DVD type format is anything but straightforward and unless someone can recommend a well used program - free because I will so seldom use it - I am ready to give up!

johnni

johnni

Thanks for the reply; the DVD player is a Philips model which claims to play everything. It certainly plays JPG and MP3 discs and audio CDs. The only other option it claims to handle is WMA - I'm not sure whether that is video AND audio, or just one.

I spent the afternoon downloading various converters including one to convert FLV to MPEG (in various forms - MP3, MP4) but after burning to a DVD+RW in turn the message on screen was 'disc not recognised' even though I have used that disk occasionally in the past for trial purposes which have worked OK.

It seems that the FLV to DVD type format is anything but straightforward and unless someone can recommend a well used program - free because I will so seldom use it - I am ready to give up!

johnni

did you just burnt he mpeg direct to dvd?
Like mentioned in previous post, you will need a program like dvdflick or nero to convert the mpeg or avi to dvd format and burn it to your dvd disk before it will play on your player

johnni

Sorry to delay my reply; I had a partial PC breakdown whereby my writer drives had yellow flags posted in device manager. I had a recent Acronis backup which has put it all back in order.

Yes, I did try burning the .avi file straight to DVD as a data file but I now see that was the wrong approach. I downloaded DVD Flick and opened an .AVI file from YouTube, and DF converted this (taking some time to do it) into a file with the extension .dfproj, but that is a mere 21kb in size whereas the avi file is 17,056kb.

When I click on the dfproj file DF reopens showing the file as the original .avi file, so what happens next?

Also I cannot see any BURN button in DF so what is the program for?

I should add that I have Nero7 installed but NeroVision doesn't seem to be available, althogh I can burn data CDs and DVDs with Nero Express. This problem might relate to my old PC and its meagre Duron 850 processor which might be inadequate for making DVD disks.

johnni

johnni

Thank you - that help file made all the difference as to the ordering of events.

I have now made my first DVD which plays on my PC and also on the stand-alone DVD player.

Easy when you know how, and I see DVD Flick also handles .FLV files so there is no need to convert to .AVI

johnni

glad you were able to make your dvd's work fine.
In saying that ive been doing things the same way for a while and never even noticed that dvdflick worked off of flv files, well you learn something new everyday lol.

i'll take note and same time when im converting my files too lol

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online