1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: YouTube

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by patwannabe, Dec 3, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. patwannabe

patwannabe Thread Starter

Yotube is bugging me to update. When I try, it won't take my email addresses (primary and g-mail). Says these won't work and I must create a new one. So I create a new one and I'm told it's not recognized. I've written "Contact us" but won't hear from them because it says in small print that only the update address can be used for them to answer. Has anyone else had this problem. I love YouTube and definitely don't want to lose it. Time is running out. Deadline is 15th.

2. JustJudy

JustJudy

First Name:
    Judy
    That is very weird. YouTube isn't asking me to update. I asked numerous people and they say the same. The only update I can think you would need would be Flash. You don't need to be signed in to your YouTube account for that. I feel like you've been highjacked to another site somehow. I suggest clearing your temporary internet files and running your virus scan (make sure it's updated).
    If you are still having problems I suggest posting in the Virus and other Malware removal.

Best of luck!

3. patwannabe

Thanks, Judy. I did what you said, so now I'll just wait and see what happens on the 15th. You may be hearing from me again as I'm not sure how to post in the Virus and other Malware removal. The message didn't say anything about updating Flash, just updating YouTube account. It does seem weird. Pat

4. JustJudy

JustJudy

First Name:
    Judy
    I am changing my thought that it might be a virus. I was talking with a friend who has a number of YouTube accounts. He did receive a notice to update one of his accounts. Apparently that account uses the same email address as one of his other accounts. It said he didn't finish the subscription or something to that affect. He said when he followed the link that was supplied he got to a YouTube page and thought it was weird that there didn't seem to be anything there to fill out. Then he saw a red bar that had the name of the account in question. He clicked on it and it flashed and that was it.
    I believe that it was just verifying that the account belongs with the email address. Did you receive this request in an email and if so did you get a link to click on?

5. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

It kind of sounds like there may be a conflict with email addresses.

Sometimes that can happen if you use the same email address with your Gmail and your YouTube account.

6. patwannabe

Judy, actually I deleted it because I was so frustrated. HOWEVER, I did get a reply from YouTube today! They gave me a bunch of choices to click on to "retrieve" my account. I think I clicked on the right one, I reset my password or something and their reply was "You're updated". What a rigamarole! We'll see if it "took". Thanks so much for your help. I love TechGuy! I've been helped so much and always recommend you.

7. JustJudy

JustJudy

First Name:
    Judy
    I am so happy you were able to get it resolved. :) (y)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029568

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice