[SOLVED] Zip Drive not recognized

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TMaslanka

I have a SCSI external 100 zip drive which used to work fine before my pc was sent back to the shop to fix a ethernet controller. They replaced the modem and gave me some new motherboard drivers.They reinstalled win 98 2nd . My modem problem was now fixed but now my zip drive cannot be installed. The drivers are a problem. At least 10 tech guys from iomega have been unable to help me. Could it be my motherboard drivers? Thanks Tom

Hi there,

Did you check status on your SCSI host adaptor in Device manager?

Is there any resource conflict?

What do you mean by mother board driver?

TJ

TMaslanka

My Adaptec SCSI Host Adapter has the yellow ! and says The device is not present,not working propery or does not have all the drivers installed. I have installed new drivers no luck and reinstalled the old drivers with no luck. There are no conflicts.
The motherboard drivers might be for my on board audio. They weren't specific about what drivers they installed. My scanner (not installed yet) is connected but not terminated but it wasn't before and it still worked. Thanks , Tom

Hi,

Try removing the SCSI controller in Device manager, shutdown and reboot.

All SCSI need to be terminated at the end of each chain of devices.

TJ

TMaslanka

I terminated the zip with a little switch on the back and move another switch from 5 to 6 on the back and somehow that worked! Thanks Guys now to fix my sound problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online