1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Zone Alarm

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Money Pit, Dec 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Money Pit

Money Pit Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dave
    Is Zone Alarm compatable with XP?
    My modem seems to hang when dialing up.
    Is the internal firewall in XP good enough, without Zoane Alarm?
    Thanks Dave.

2. kramnnim

kramnnim

The latest version of ZA works with XP. I'm not sure that I'd completely trust the XP firewall, better to be on the safe side.

3. DavidHP

DavidHP

According to their web site, Zone Alarm is compatible with XP. However, I would make sure I had the latest update.

As far as using the built-in firewall... It seems that Microsoft is a target of many people and groups that just love to defeat their efforts to secure their systems. With that in mind, I would speculate that XP's firewall would also be a target and I would use a secondary product that is not as high on the target list. (such as Zone Alarm)

David

4. Money Pit

Money Pit Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dave
    Have recently discovered if MS XP does have an internal firewall Steve Gibson's Leak Test goes right through it instantly. Dave.

5. tpb

tpb

What may help is downloading Windows newest critical update.(yesterday) It's a Application Compatibility Update. Zone Alarm is on the list of affected applications.

6. cjbtaylor

cjbtaylor

As were on this subject I Just wondered, I have all critical updates and Zone Alarm on my Computer but find that the Z/A does not always load up and I have to go to programs to wake it up, I have selected it on the configurations menu to do this. Wondered if anyone else has this problem.:confused:

7. Money Pit

Money Pit Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dave
    Thanks ALL: I have the clitch under control
    Consider this thread closed. Dave.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61470

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice