Solved: Zune 3.0

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rickkman

I just installed the Zune 3.0 update. I rebooted after the update as the program instructed but now everytime I click to start the Zune application all I get is a warning that I must "restart the computer after the setup". I have restarted the computer several times but I still get the same warning and the application doesn't open. Before I remove and reinstall, does anyone have any other thoughts.
Thanks.

I don't know much about Zune so I don't know how much help I can be. But is the update for the driver? If so, is the Zune USB? If it is, did you have it plugged in while you updated? And if so, your going to have to uninstall the drivers and reinstall it without the Zune plugged in unless it tells you otherwise.

Installing/updating drivers for USB devices while it's plugged in causes errors and usually doesn't work.

Rickkman

Well I unistalled the software using the Windows XP control panel and reinstall the software without the USB being plugged in. After the install, I rebotted and tried open the application and I got the same error message. You "must restart the computer after the setup". So I rebooted again, crossed my fingers and got the same error message. I guess I should have left well enough alone and stayed with Zune 2.0. I kept hoping that Zune 3.0 was going to be a easier to use sought of like iTunes. I never suspected I was going to have a software diaster.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online