1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Some app is downloading something and i dont know what it is

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Enihcam, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enihcam

Enihcam Thread Starter

so here is my case..

When i connect to the internet, my computer starts downloading something (i think that it is downloading something because my DSL modem is blinking, same with my router). I am not using any applications or whatsoever that uses the internet.

i have tried using norton antivirus, pestpatrol, and ad-aware around 3x already. system restore is turned off ofcourse.

Moreover, when i tried to login to mail.yahoo.com, it gives me an error message saying "The browser you're using refuses to sign in. (cookies rejected)".

i would really much appreciate your help.
    THANK YOU! :)

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    could it be downloading windows updates?

3. Enihcam

Enihcam Thread Starter

tnx etaf i'll try and check it out..

but can you explain to me what happened to my cookies? i try to enable the cookies through internet options -> security -> custom settings.. but i cant actually click the custom settings button..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272354

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice