1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Some blank web pages

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by melonhead, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melonhead

melonhead Thread Starter

I'm working on a computer that is running XP.

When I would open up Internet Explorer, some web pages would be blank. For example, Windows update was blank, but MSN.com was not. Aol.com appeared normal, but in mail the address book appeared blank, etc.

I ran spybot and adaware and it found a bunch of stuff. Then ran hijack this and it looked clean. Was able to get onto Windows Update. Updated to IE 7. After update, the runonce page came up and it was just plain blue. Now unable to get back on Update.

Went into registry and took out the "runonce" to try and bypass and that did not work. I can go to other websites, ie. I type in msn.com and everything looks normal.

Everytime I reopen IE, the runonce page is there - but it is blank. Any suggestions of how to reset or what to do next?

2. melonhead

melonhead Thread Starter

I got the RunOnce off - but the Windows Update site is still not visible. Any suggestions for this?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/624016

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice