1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Some Comments About Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by flavallee, Dec 12, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

First Name:
    Frank
    4 months from now (April 2019), the last round of security updates will be released for Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit.

3 months ago (September 2018), the last supported browser for it came to its end-of-life and will have no further security updates.

As much as many of us still like this Windows operating system, the time has come to say "good bye" to it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Well, it had a five-year run beyond it's official EOL date, Frank. It's hung in there but you're right; time to say goodbye.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

First Name:
    Frank
    I still use Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit in my spare computer for testing purposes, but its Mozilla Firefox 52.9.0 ESR browser has reached its end-of-life.

Many of the programs that I use in Windows 7 and Windows 10 still work in it, but many others require using outdated versions or no longer install.

From its birth in October 2001 to its upcoming death in April 2019, it will have survived 17-1/2 years.

I wonder if Windows 10 will survive that long, and what it will be like.

---------------------------------------------------------------

4. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    XP certainly served me well in the past.

17 1/2 years......wow, how time flies.

5. lynx1021

lynx1021

Speaking of a long run, my first computer was windows 95 (in 1998) then Windows 98 I had a game that you could play called Creepshow 3D Pinball on a disc that came with my Windows 95 computer. It would still play on XP when I upgraded. After upgrading to Windows 7 it would not start anymore and my wife was sad. I looked around the internet and found some instructions a few years back on putting it on the hard drive and HURRAY! its alive again. Still going after 20 years! Correction, the name was 3D Ultra Pinball Creep Night, found one on amazon for $0.43

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220400

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice