1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Some cpu overworking issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by maxibhoy, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxibhoy

maxibhoy Thread Starter

Ok i'm really baffled at some things that have been happening on my new system(new cpu,ram,mb) Ok when i run some programs like diskeeper and registry mechanic as examples even after i have finished defragging or doing a reg cleanup the cpu will continue working at between 30% to 60% (usually more close to 60) this will continue till i reboot as nothing i do seems to stop it as i don't know what's doing it or how to stop it. Obviously i've checked processes in task manager but nothing seems out of the ordinay in the processes tab. I've done loads of virus scans. Tried nearly all of them and hjt log submitting the log to a self analysis site which returned nothing out of the ordinary. Also it used to be with my old system(p4 3.6ghz) that i could play a game and still defrag or run the reg mech. at the same time with no probs but now and with a substantial cpu upgrade and double the ram it lags severly so that i have to stop all other prog's to game. My new system specs are listed under specs. Thanks for any help. Max.

2. cwby74

cwby74

what you need to do is bring up the task manager again and look at each process' cpu usage that will tell you which process is using up all the cpu. if your not the only one on the computer i would suggest checking the show processes from all users. once you find out which one is using up the cpu you can then go to the configuration section and stop that from running from startup.

3. maxibhoy

maxibhoy Thread Starter

Yeah i have already studied task manager in depth and funnily nothing shows any considerable cpu usage. Fluctuations from 01 to 02 is about all that's there yet the cpu is still working at 40% to 60% and the hdd light is on constantly. Also i never allow anything but bare system files to run at startup. Not even a virus utility starts with windows on my computer. I am the sole user. Cheers, Max.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539122

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice